A research Assistant (Technician) position in molecular biology and genetics is available from summer/fall 2017 in the group of Frank Schnorrer at the IBDM in Marseille.The appointment will be initially for one year, with the possibility of an extension.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate, ideally with some experience in molecular biology or fly genetics. The candidate will work together with PhD students and PostDocs in the team to generate and characterise novel fly strains by CRISPR-°©‐mediated genome engineering.
Our group is located at the Institute of Developmental Biology of Marseille (IBDM), an interdisciplinary research center with a strong focus on quantitative in vivo biology and biophysics (http://www.ibdm.univ-°©‐mrs.fr). Our group is specifically interested in how muscles are built during development. See here for more information.
Please send your application, including a motivation letter, your CV and contact information for one or two references to:
The laboratory :
The team of Muscle Dynamics is headed by Frank Schnorrer.
Institut de Biologie du Développement de Marseille-Luminy (IBDM)
UMR7288 Campus de Luminy
13288 Marseille cedex 09
An initially 1-year research assistant position (Bac+2 or Bac +4) is available in our group.
The research assistant will perform genetic and molecular biology experiments using fruit flies (Drosophila).
He/she will be in charge of injecting DNA and RNA constructs into flies eggs to generate novel transgenic flies strains.
CRISPR/Cas9 and recombinase methods will be used to generate these strains.
Together with members of the team, he/she will analyze these strains using modern molecular biology and microscopy methods.
The skills and responsibilities :
- Purification of DNA constructs using standard techniques
- Potentially generating novel constructs using cloning techniques
- Injecting these constructs into Drosophila eggs and producing transgenic lines
- Maintaining Drosophila lines
- Analyzing fly lines by light and fluorescent microscopy
- Documenting data and presenting them during lab meetings
- Organizing your weekly schedule and planing your experiments
- Enjoy working in an international team
- Knowledge of English in reading and speaking